Self-Supporting Dry Outdoor Composite Termination up to 170 kV
Dry PFISTERER outdoor cable terminations have been used worldwide for decades in substations and on high-voltage transmission towers. They connect cable systems to overhead lines and busbars with long-term reliability. For time-critical installation projects with the future in mind, PFISTERER now offers DOC – the first dry, self-supporting termination.Ready to use on site: the preassembled DOC termination is tested and shipped as a complete unit. That means the hollow insulator, stress grading device and base plate are the main unit that has to be simply pulled onto the prepared cable. It is no longer necessary to bond individual insulator sections.Technical Characteristics:
- The insulation is made from silicone, which protects the environment as no insulating oils and gels are used.
- The stress grading device is implemented exclusively with silicone.
- Extremely reliable connection for standard conductors with the patented SICON stepless shear bolt technology and for single wire insulated conductors with the patented FrontCon technology. Compressed variants are available on request.
- Specific earthing points for a simplified shielding according to customer respectively system requirements
- Type-tested according to IEC 60840
- Proven material
- Proven technology
- No liquid handling on site
- Fast and reliable installation (horizontal or vertical)
- Integrated base plate
- Fixed earthing point for simpler screen handling
- Splice box
- Arcing horn
- Corona ring
|Max. system voltage||Um (kV)||170|
|Rated power frequency withstand voltage 2.5 U0||(kV)||218|
|PD at 1.5 U0||<5pC|
|Bolt diameter||(mm)||30, 40, 50 and 60|
|Routine test||IEC 60840 Chapter 9|
|Pollution class according to IEC 60815 / IEC 60815-3||IV, E|
DownloadsData sheet as pdf-file
Drawing as pdf-file
We reserve the right to make technical changes.